"The Untold Renaissance": Ikire Jones Spring/Summer 2014 Lookbook.
It’s all dapper hommes, suave strides and bold prints and patterns in Nigerian designer Wale Oyejide’s Spring/Summer 2014 lookbook for his brand Ikire Jones.
“This collection pays homage to 18th century textiles and tapestries while exploring the absence of persons of color in Medieval and Renaissance-era European art. Borrowing from the sampling method employed in hip hop culture, each reinvented piece tells an original narrative from the perspective of Africans who have been placed in an alien context. Through this reverse lens to the past, the present circumstances of individuals who feel displaced and alienated may also be considered.”
Its so upsetting that most of the people re-blogging this will still continue funding animal cruelty even though they’re so “against” it.
- The meat industry is animal cruelty.
- The fish industry is animal cruelty.
- The dairy industry is animal cruelty.
- The egg industry is animal cruelty.
- The wool industry is animal cruelty.
- The fur industry is animal cruelty.
- The leather industry is animal cruelty.
- Companies testing their products on animals is animal cruelty. (Including ones with parent companies who do.)
(Yet i can guarantee a huge majority of you still purchase products by L’Oreal, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Avon, Garnier, Clearasil, Revlon, Johnson’s, Listerine, Colgate, Schwarzkopf, CoverGirl, Veet, Urban Decay, Aveeno, Unilever, Max Factor, Herbal Essences, Dove, etc.)